Sunday, August 7, 2016

Creation Station Get Well Hop

Needing get well cards?  Well then this Creation Station Design Team hop is for you!

I pulled out my very favorite stamp set right now which is Thoughtful Branches.  The images are all so gorgeous and the greetings are beautiful.  Recently I have done lots of stamping and cutting with the coordinating framelits, but for these cards I wanted to keep it clean and simple and watercolored.  I didn't want an excess of layers and fussy cuts, just easy eye catching stampin'.
To get the blurred trees I inked up the images as normal, but before stamping I painted the Watercolor Paper with plain water.  Once dry then I stamped the greetings with Island Indigo ink.  I love how the Dapper Denim Enamel Shapes look perfect with Island Indigo ink and paper.
For the framed dimensional layer it's really easy to do.  Simply score the bottom layer of card stock, mine is Kraft, right along the edge of top layer.  Clip out each of the corners with a pair of paper snips and then fold up on all the sides.  I roughed up the sides just a bit for added character.  I really like this look and think it's a good fit for masculine cards.
Get well cards are definitely needed in our stashes of hand made greetings, but when someone lends a hand with bringing in dinners or running errands for those in need thank you notes are also necessary.  Thoughtful Branches is the perfect set for so many occasions including get well wishes.  Thanks Stampin' Up! for creating such a masterpiece.
To Denita
To Julie

2 comments:

  1. Elizabeth: These cards are little works of art! I love them so much! And the roughed up frame is genius. Thanks for sharing the how-to because I know I'm going to be CASEing them!! xoKathyxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the blurred trees. Beautiful art, Elizabeth! D x

    ReplyDelete