Friday, May 12, 2017

#TGIF107 Powder Pink and Pretty

#TGIF107 - This week our challenge at TGIF is to create something special for those needed occasions when we want to express our love and concern for someone.  I chose to make a beautiful powder pink and gold card.
I pulled out a bit of something old and something new for my take on #TGIF107.  I paired the beautiful Touches of Texture stamp set with elements from the Eastern Palace preview Bundle and Powder Pink ink and card stock.
I included some soft stampin' for a bit of added depth and interest.  I busted open two brand new ink pads to use on this card, Powder Pink and Fresh Fig.  I am so glad the Stampin' Up! added Fresh Fig to the newest In Colors.  It's deep and rich and another hue to use instead of black or dark brown.  You see I tend to like my greetings stamped in dark tones to really pop, yet black can get too predictable.  The new Fresh Fig is fabulous and brings a new vivacious spunk to our color palette.
Check out the center of the fussy cut flower.  It's a Gold Faceted Gem.  They will be coming in the new Annual Catalog.  72 gems for $5.00 and they come in either silver or gold.


2 comments:

  1. This really is a stunning card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card!!! Colors, soft feel, new products ... I love everything about it.

    ReplyDelete