Friday, July 21, 2017

#TGIF117 Summertime Blues

#TGIF117 is a theme challenge and we are stampin' up anything that cures the Summertime Blues. 
Let's be real, we would all like to play everyday of the summer, but life includes reality checks and the includes earning of pay check!  Yes, this summer I did spend a beautiful week in the fabulous Tahoe Forest and it was awesome, but now I am back home and back to work.  The great thing about my home is that I live by the beach, lots of beaches.  After work we head over to Santa Cruz to play and soak up the sights, smells, and tastes of summer.
To help with the summertime blues I've put together a cute card honoring our homes and neighborhoods!
I started with a Very Vanilla Thick Card Stock base and then added a layer of Bundle of Love Specialty DSP.  Look close and you will see Vellum Card Stock details cut with the Swirly Scribbles Thinlits to add a bit of textural background.  Then the fun part is the little street made with the In the City Stamp Set.  My ink colors include Dapper Denim, Marina Mist, and Pool Party with Basic Black all stamped on Very Vanilla Card Stock.  Little splashes of Pink Pirouette are added here and there for fun.  And, as always, I added some bakers twine.  The Flirty Flamingo Bakers Twine is so SO versatile--it goes with everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment