Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Color Mixing

Blending analogous colors can create cool subtle looks for your hand stamped creative works.  I think this water and painting ink blending process works great with hues that sit next to each other on the color wheel.  I shared this "tie dye" technique several months back, click over to here to learn how, where I made tons of background papers.  Since then I continue to put them to use on my cards.

To see what the other designers have crafted using this color combination head over to Hand Stamped Sentiments, be inspired, whip up a card or tag or box, and then share with us what you have made.
For my background my ink color include all three challenge colors AND Powder Pink and Fresh Fig. Stamps are all from the Happy Birthday Gorgeous Stamp Set.  There's a hint of Silver Metallic Thread and a shoestring bow of Flirty Flamingo Bakers Twine.  That color twine is my "go to" twine right now because it goes with almost everything.
I think the "Z" fold layout showcases the tie dye technique, but my favorite touch on the card are the hidden balloons and their delicate thread strings

No comments:

Post a Comment