Thursday, May 17, 2018

Waterfront Stampin' Up! Artisan Blog Hop

This month the Artisan Design Team is featuring the Waterfront and Southern Serenade Stamp Sets.  My projects have been created with the Waterfront set and some of my favorite ink and cardstock color combinations along with white and silver sparkle.

One thing I love making are carefully crafted packages.  I love to give a grand presence to a present (ha ha).  This gift dons a spunky paper bow and a one of a kind gift tag.  My go to wrap method is to whip up a belly band for easy unwrapping and rewrapping if one wishes.
To create the bow:
1.  Cut 1/4" or 3/8" wide by 11" long strips of cardstock.
2.  Use a bone folder to breakdown the fibers by pulling the strips over the edge.  Do it over and over until the cardstock starts to separate.  The strips will start to curl.
3.  Carefully use the bone folder to enhance the curls.
4.  Layer the curled strips and tie together with bakers twine.
The Acetate Boxes are perfect for packaging hand made cards.  I filled this box with a trio of Waterfront cards and envelopes.  Each card is filled with the same elements and stamped patterns; it's all just a little theme and variation.
My beach scene card below is where this look all the started.  I made this card and LOVED the colors and the technique.  (I loved it so much I created a trio of forest scene cards which I posted at the beginning of this month)  I decided the Flirty Flamingo, Grapefruit Grove, and Pineapple Punch were perfect with Pool Party and super perfect for my beach themed card pack, so that's where the creative process all started.
For the beach scene I did a two step stamp process combined with heat embossing.
Step 1.)  Stamp image in Whisper White.
Step 2.)  Clean image and stamp over the white impression using any Classic Ink color.  I like to be slightly offset to create shadows and highlights.
Step 3.)  Work quickly to finish scene then heat emboss entire piece with a mixture Clear Embossing Powder with Dazzling Diamonds Glitter to make a custom sparkling look.  Be sure to have more Clear EP than the glitter to allow it to bind, heat, and melt.
I truly have loved having you stop by my blog and I do hope you have been inspired.  Your next stop along the hop is with Emma Goddard.  She is a brilliant stamper with great style and flair; and she has fabulous things to share with all of you.


Artisan Design Team
Cathy Caines - Canada Charlet Mallett - USA Connie Collins - USA Elizabeth Price - USA
Emma Goddard - UK Jenni Pauli - Germany Jennifer Frost - Australia Jessica Winter - Austria 
Kayla MacAulay - Australia Kim McGillis - Canada Lauren Alarid - USA
Linda van Wely-Zwolle - Netherlands Rhoda MacPherson - UK Sarah Lancaster - France
Susan Wong - New Zealand Sylwia Schreck - Germany

Trio Card Pack Product List
Whisper White Craft Stampin' Pad
Whisper White Craft Stampin' Pad
[101731]
$8.00

Beach Scene Card Product List
Whisper White Craft Stampin' Pad
Whisper White Craft Stampin' Pad
[101731]
$8.00
Heat Tool
[129053]
$30.00

11 comments:

  1. All of these are absolutely gorgeous! I love the colors you've used. The beach scene card is stunning! You make the most beautiful sparkly things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOH! So pretty and so many gorgeous layers. All of these projects are fabulous. Hugs. Charlet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous and fun!! I just love the palm tree card! Like the coloring on Crumb Cake as well, I will definitely give that a try soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you stamped on a background colour that's not white. These are unique and lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are awesome! You're the packaging queen! Definitely a fav colour combo of mine too. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Elizabeth these are gorgeous, I just love all the layering and detail. So beautiful. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh amazing, Elizabeth! My favorite is the crumb cake one. I’ve been meaning to try that technique on darker cardstocks. I love the results!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow! So bright and so much detail - I adore the curled paper on the packaging - I am going to have to give that a try. Hugs - Emma xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good gravy, these cards are awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, what lovely paper bows! Fabulous idea!

    ReplyDelete